Monday, September 13, 2010

Settling In

So this past weekend was certainly eventful to say the least. It started out on a good note, Jordan's dad's dog Kayla came to stay the weekend with us while his dad was at the beach. Kayla is a great black lab, well behaved and really 1 of the best dogs I have ever been around, next to mine of course. Our good friends Ben & Claire (soon to be "The Lands") were in town from Austin, TX for the Penn State game, as well as MANY of my friends from high school & college so we of course had a full weekend ahead of us. After dinner at a little Mexican place by our house, we headed downtown to meet up with everyone and start the weekend off right! Of course parking was terrible so we decided to park in the "dirt lot" as the city calls it, at the end of 4th street which is uneven and full of holes. As luck would have it, going to get in the car I step in a hole and fall face first on the ground (no it wasn't too many margaritas). Next thing I know, I am covered in blood and all skint up. We rush home (only after convincing Jordan that I didn't need to go to the ER) I got all cleaned up and went to bed thinking "wow this is going to be worse in the morning" and it was. My face hurt, my neck was sore and I looked like I had been in a bar fight. Most of you know, I can be a little vain at times and this was 1 of those times because all I wanted to do was lay in bed and sleep til it had healed. However, it was game day so that wasn't an option, I had to make the best of the rest of the weekend. My face has healed for the most part I have a little scab on my nose and small cut under my eye which is a vast improvement from Saturday. However, God once again uses things to show me how truly blessed I am. I had to deal with a few minor scrapes on my face for a few days while others have had things happen to them that are permanent. I hope that from here on out I will work on not caring so much about how I look or how others see me, but more on how I see others.

The house is coming along, since football has started we of course only have sundays to work around the house. We have finished everything in the kitchen other than light fixtures, laundry room door, and the floor, which will be done this week! I can't believe that we have gotten so much done in so little time. The exterior should be painted by the end of the month, we keep going back and forth on the paint color. As far as the inside goes we only have to change out 5 more interior doors, put crown molding in the bedrooms, and paint the living room. I can't imagine what we will do with our spare time once this project is done, although I am sure I will find something to occupy my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment