Monday, November 22, 2010

There's no place like home

This past weekend I went home to Montgomery for my dad's 55th birthday (He looks like he's in his 40s). My mom decided to throw a little impromptu get together for my dad's birthday and the UA vs. Miss St game. I of course got into town and we started shopping and getting things prepared, only my mother would have people coming to her house at 5:00 pm and be out shopping til 2:00. We got home and begun the frantic rush to make sure everything was ready, made beds, fluffed pillows, swept floors and stuffed junk into every place that couldn't be seen by company, haha. As my mom, sister, dad & I were all working together it dawned on me that it was just like time had stood still. We all just fell right back into the groove with each other, my sister is a sophomore in college, I am out & living on my own in another city, my parents are 30 years into their life together and yet we all still WANT & LOVE to be together. I truly cherish my family, it is one of the few things in life that never change. I thank GOD for that!

I also got to go spend sunday with my "Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw", any of you who know me, know that my grandparents mean the world to me! My Maw-Maw & I talked about that was going on in our own lives and she caught me up on the events in the lives of my aunts, uncles & cousins. While my Paw-Paw watched the race and napped. He is doing much better, still a little weak. One of the best parts about going home, besides seeing my family, would have to be my aunt "Teesa" (Teresa)'s homemade chocolate pound cake! She is an amazing baker, and always has one of my favorite desserts waiting for me when I arrive. So Maw-Maw, Teesa & I sat around and enjoyed cake, laughter and each other. Its times like these that make me miss my family so much, but it also makes me treasure the time we spend together. I will be heading back home on wednesday for Thanksgiving and can't wait to see everyone again.

I love my life and wouldn't change things, but its always comforting to know that you can always go home and things be just the way they have always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment