Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year...time for resolutions!

At Hamburger Mary's in Orlando

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas & New Years, I certainly did! I spent Christmas Eve & Christmas Day in Montgomery with my WONDERFUL family, ate, laughed, gossiped ;), cried a little (good tears) and enjoyed every minute of it! On Sunday we went to Birmingham for "Morris Family Christmas", had a wonderful time and even saw a little snow! For New Years we were in Orlando for the Citrus Bowl, spent NYE on Church Street (smaller & cleaner version of Bourbon St) and even watched "The Orange" drop. The weather was perfect, a nice sunny 72º with a cool breeze, so different from the gloomy cold 38º atmosphere that we returned home to.

"Church Street"

We spent Sunday in downtown Disney, ate at Earl Of Sandwich, if you have never experienced it then it needs to be on your "bucket list" truly 1 of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. We spent the rest of the afternoon over on the porch at the House Of Blues, listening to a great one man band play and taking in the great weather!
House Of Blues-Orlando

I started thinking the other day about what "resolutions" I would make for 2011, what did I want to change or accomplish this year. I'll be honest, I had to really think about what I wanted out of 2011. I am blessed with FAR MORE than I deserve, a beautiful home, my health, family, friends, JCM, a good job! I thank GOD everyday for his protection and provision upon my life. I also am thankful for parents who have been on their knees praying for the Lord's protection & provision upon their children's lives. I think we are all guilty of making the same resolutions each year, you know the "get in shape, eat right, spend less money, volunteer more, drink less" etc. I decided this year that I am going to make some realistic "goals" not so much "resolutions". I want to pray more & spend more time in God's word, be less obsessed with my home and how it looks (it will still be clean & organized), watch what I eat and how I treat my body, be less "me" focused and more focused on what's important like my family, friends, JCM, etc. I think the biggest goal I want to accomplish this year is I truly want to make a difference in other people's lives, and no I don't mean I'm going to try to change the world. I just want to change the world around me, not necessarily in a way that they know but in a way that I know. What I mean by this is as simple as giving a blanket & a fast food meal to that homeless man on the interstate exit, that I pass everyday on my way to work. That office employee who always seems to be mad at the world, leave a secret gift or note on their desk, just something to brighten their day. Even send money anonymously to that person who I know is barely getting by. My parents have been helping a homeless ministry the past couple of months by feeding them on Sundays, donating blankets & coats, and I have the same thought go through my head every time I talk to my mother about it, "I should do more."
There is a verse that always comes to mind when I think about all that God has blessed me with, "For those who much is given, much is required" Luke 12:48. So anyway, my goal is to just give back and not so that anyone else knows, just so I know. What are your goals for 2011?! I hope everyone has an AWESOME 2011 and WDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment