Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Next Chapter

This past week and weekend have certainly been eventful. My "Paw-Paw" was taken to the hospital because of what was thought to be a blood clot in his lung, but turned out to be pneumonia which is the better of the 2. He stayed in the hospital Friday through Monday, he home now resting and recovering. GOD IS GOOD! My cousin Brittney also graduated from college, so PROUD of her! We had a blowout in honor of her accomplishment, and I was still recovering from it yesterday. Haha, its true as you get older it gets harder and harder to party like you use to. My other cousin Heath and his wife Kellie welcomed the birth of their 3rd child, Natalie Kate Reese on Monday! Well update on the house, things are really moving along, granite comes tomorrow!!!!! Floors are next, we hope to have those done by the beginning of next week. We got the den painted and are working on the hallway & foyer. Once our floors are done in the den we can move furniture out of the living room & dining room and really make it feel like home. I can't wait to be done painting because I think I have arthritis in my hands after the past month. On my way back to Tuscaloosa Sunday I stopped at Greystone Antiques and found several great items, thanks to the wonderful Evan Harless. I went specifically for a mirror and 2 lamps that I had talked with Evan about buying, well I got in there and started wondering around, looking at all the different booths wanting ALOT of what I saw. For nearly 2 hours I kept taking stuff up to the front and making a "pile" as the cashier put it, I finally decided to call it quits and pay so I could get back home to Tuscaloosa. Well, I got in the car and began heading back, already thinking about where I would put this or that, when it occurred to me that the 2 lamps I went to buy were the only thing I didn't make it out of the store with. Which makes me laugh because its something only I would do, but bright side is it gives me a reason to go back and take Jordan! As far as my job goes, I am loving it! Many of you know I am now working for MRD, doing marketing & property management which are 2 things that fit me perfectly! The only downside to this move to Tuscaloosa is that I can't wear any of my clothes anymore, I HAVE TO get back into the gym and eating properly! This move has put about 10 pds. on me, working on the house and running to get fast food or being in an office where there is always someone bringing in food is getting the best of me. So everyone stay on top of me to get in shape! Well that's all for now, I will post pictures tomorrow, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment